Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ha ha, My Friends are Funny & More Local Theater News

So a couple of days ago I posted a status on my real (non-Lou) Facebook page that said something like: "When did I suddenly become Theater Chick?" Ha, ha, my friends are funny...

Tracy, a friend from childhood/HS, responded: "Um, you've been theater chick ever since I met you. So, I don't know... around 23 years?"

Noah, from college, said: "I'd guess since around the time you directed a 4-hour production of Othello in college..."

Ha ha, funny, Noah. It was only just over three hours. Maybe it just felt longer to you because you were Othello.

Anyway, so I guess consensus says I come by the "theater chick" appellation honestly.

Speaking of theater stuff, I saw Pandora's WHEN BEES IN HONEY DROWN at the Bunbury last night. Good stuff. There's another whole weekend, so you have plenty of time to catch it.

And in Pandora/Bunbury news: Michael Drury, Pandora's Artistic Director, says that next year the Bunbury Theater is celebrating its 25th anniversary. The Bunbury folks have decided to celebrate by producing more of their own productions in the space. So next season, Pandora is officially adrift. Drury was wicked upbeat about the news, but it is clearly a bit unsettling. He says that Pandora will put up plays in a number of different spaces. More information coming about next season during Pandora's final production of the season, PAGEANT, which starts in May.

No comments: